1. The teacher’s lecture on American history was three hours long, and Mary felt very _____.
A. upset B. bored C. disturbed D. neglected
2. Her mind was so _____ by the disease that she could not remember what she had done.
A. acted B. influenced C. effected D. affected
3. Every boy and girl _____ not to swim in the lake, for it is polluted.
A. has been warned B. have been warned
C. has warned D. have warned
4. She heard a terrible noise, _____ brought her heart into her mouth.
A. it B. this C. which D. that
5. Why can’t you do this small _____ for me? I’ve helped you often enough in the past.
A. command B. demand C. effort D. favor
6. _____ he often forgot their wedding anniversary greatly annoyed his wife.
A. All B. What C. Which D. That
7. You screamed in your sleep last night. You _____ a terrible dream.
A. must have had B. must have
C. must had had D. must have been
8. However much _____, it will be worth the money.
A. the dictionary costs B. costs the dictionary
C. the dictionary will cost D. does the dictionary cost
9. I don’t care _____ or not she will apologize to me.
A. if B. whether C. what D. which
10. One of my brother’s many faults is that he never _____ anything very long.
A. decides on B. sticks to
C. goes over D. makes up